Saturday, March 28, 2009

Darkness Has a Hunger That's Insatiable

#27 Indigo Girls: Indigo Girls. This was my go-to mellow mood CD in college. I loved every song. After a few drinks I was known to sing harmony on Closer to Fine at loud decibels with a friend down the hall (Alyssa, where are you??). IG are another example of a duo with a sweet, melodic one (Emily) and an angry, raspy one (Amy). Somehow bitter and sweet come together beautifully here. Just like the Pixies, come to think of it (but nothing like the Pixies of course). These ladies have made many good CDs over the years, but this remains the strongest one from start to finish.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

yeah, I'll always love this record. However, I think I listened to it so much that I can never really listen to it again. But I'll always love, love, love Closer to Fine and will know all those songs by heart till I die I think.