Thursday, July 17, 2008

a busy day


Thursday in Auckland...Kids woke up around 4:30, which isnt bad. Another day or so and we'll be through the time change just fine.

I went for a run this morning down by the beach in Devonport. The morning felt very very much like Seattle. It seems to always be wet, but never really raining. In fact, Devonport feels very similar to Seattle neighborhoods we know - Wallingford, Green Lake, etc.

We climbed the volcano around the corner from our house (!) this morning and the kids enjoyed it, despite the wet, cold foggy day (see pic). Explored Devonport and got wet and sandy at a beach with a great view of Auckland (when the fog lifted). We took a ferry into Auckland. Walked around lots. Saw some of the coolest trees ever in Albert Park and had sushi. The kids were wiped but it was a very good day. Pix below if I can upload over my slow connection...whoops, too slow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Volinskys! Glad to hear you're all adjusting. It's 96 and miserable here in Mo'town, so enjoy that cool fog!

Unknown said...

Hi Vienna! I saw your picture. I hope you are having a great time. I miss you a lot. Thank you for your note. Please send me a postcard. Love Jackie

Anonymous said...

What up with the spotted 'shrooms?? Are they vents of some sort?? Dave