Sunday, July 20, 2008

Finally some photos

I posted some photos on Picasa web click on the photo below to get some. They are low res but should give you a flavor of the trip so far.

The weather here is very interesting. The esteemed NZ band Crowded House once had a song called "Four Seasons in One Day", which I now understand. Each day starts out with lots of rain and wind and cold, but at some point in the morning the sun comes out, bright and hot, teasing you into thinking it will be a beautiful day. By the time you get outside, the clouds are coming again, and at some point there is a downpour, but only for 15 minutes, then the sun comes out. It's very confusing! Nonetheless, no complaints, as I've been running every day, and I didnt think I'd be able to do that in winter!

Today we climbed another volcano near our house (North Head) . It was great, and the girls loved it. Tomorrow I'll head to the university and Thursday I start teaching. Later.

NZ-2008-07-20

1 comment:

Gus said...

Looks like you and the fam are having a great time climbing volcanoes. And those are some cool trees, dude! Glad you're having fun exploring your new environment. OK, that's all for now... righty-o! :-)
gus